Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hi, 


I've been quietly preparing for a big day today.  Preparing myself for a week or so now.  Today is our custody hearing.  While I know I don't have to agree with anything I'm uncomfortable with today; I also know that if we don't reach an agreement then I turn our fate over to the hands of a judge.  The fate of the custody of my children, what that looks like here and now.  I realize that God does reign supreme over all of us but I don't know how he would or would not choose to intervene in this scenario. 


I know that God goes with me.  But for all the confident, competent Shannon that is usually presented I am freaking out internally.  


I am repeating 2 Tim 1:7 over and over to myself.  "For God has not given you a spirit of fear and timidity but of power, love, and self-discipline."  


Please pray with us.  For the highest good.  For God's kingdom to reign here and now in our lives.  And for the grace and peace that only he can give.  




Love


Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, I just want you to know I've been praying for you all day. I "discovered" your blog about two weeks ago when you posted the link on FB and I've been following it ever since. You and your kids have been heavy on my heart and I've been praying for God to go before you, which I know he will. I admire your courage for facing this head on, for being fierce for your kids -- and yourself -- and for writing about it. You really ministered to me last summer at the Willow Creek Simulcast when you spotted me across the room and came over to greet me. I was at a low point for a variety of reasons, and your simple greeting was like a healing balm. I was also really ministered to by the song "Beautiful Things" -- I hadn't heard it before that day -- so when I saw that was the title of your blog, I remembered that day, and our meeting, very clearly. I'll continue to pray, Shannon, as someone who is very much on your side.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann,
      Thanks so much for reaching out to me. I was pretty sure I knew it was you but when you mentioned the Summit last year that confirmed it. I'm so glad that my simple greeting was a blessing to you. I will always have a special place in my heart for you. We had many great times together all those years ago. (Wow, I feel old)
      Glad you stumbled upon the blog. Please continue to read and even give me feedback if you think it will be helpful. I am actually trying to become a published author. I would like to write articles and books even so this is my 'testing ground' so to speak. It's also the place where I hold nothing back. My heart is here and raw and bare for the world to see. I feel a lot of freedom in that and a lack of need for censorship. Honesty about life as I know it is my healing balm for my soul.
      Love - S

      Delete

Comment rules: be respectful and honest. That's all