Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just some words

Feeling the need to write tonight and not sure exactly what will come out.  

New friends are being made at school, Harvey loves kindergarten although he says he plays with a fat kid on the playground.  I'm not really sure how to moderate that with him.  I've explained the importance of kind words but he legitimately doesn't know his name.  What is the mental block with boys and learning names?  Mine literally seem to have an aversion to it. Rowan comes home one day talking about Jennifer, when I ask about Jennifer the next hour/day later he looks at me like he has no idea what I'm talking about.  Aversion to names I tell you.  Will they out grow this?

I actually have all of my laundry done for once and put away sort of.  But I have no idea where they are/if the boys have any jeans that fit them for fall.  Thankfully after a few fallish days we have a warm snap again.  I guess Mommy has the job of sorting clothes for the weekend.  Can I tell you how much my boys HATE trying on clothes for season changes???  In the spring, I totally roped my mom into this job.  They really hate it.  I've been known to persuade with chocolate, homemade cookies or hours of our favorite movie.  Anything to get through the daunting pile of clothes.  Did I mention I hate putting away laundry?  Their dislike of this process and my dislike of putting away laundry doesn't make this one of our favorite things to do together. 

Eowyn peed on the potty again today.  Not shocking but not a routine yet.  What is surprising is that Eowyn knows Rowan's teachers name and asks to go visit her class.  Her verbal skills are way above where my boys were at this age.  She can converse on just about any topic.  It's hilarious.  Just when I'm thinking there may be a conversation I'm having that's above her she joins right in.  Needless to say, be careful what you say around the baby, she's growing out of the baby status.  Despite the fact that one of her nicknames that has stuck is Baby Girl.  It's such a common nickname that family members of mine will text me the abbreviation BG to ask how she's doing. 

It's been a crazy week but I have much to be thankful for.  All three of my kids are sleeping upstairs and happy.  I have friends and family that love me more than I ever knew.  I'm consistently surprised by how much people step to the plate when I need it. 

But tomorrow is going to be a hard day for me.  Finances are beyond tight.  Bills are due, my car's in the shop and the computer still hasn't been fixed.  I have so much to do this weekend and yet, I'm going to endeavor to take a walk in the woods, smell some roses or take a bubble bath.  And try not to borrow trouble that hasn't happened yet.  Maybe spend some time with a friend of mine. 

Happy almost Friday to you.  :-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment rules: be respectful and honest. That's all