Thursday, January 9, 2014

Children and Church

We have found a new church.  It's a lot more old fashioned than the churches my children have attended previously.  All three of my kids, even my three year old, are required to sit in the service for part of the time.  And I want them to be quiet.  REALLY QUIET.  As quiet as the 70 year old lady they're sitting in front of.  Two weeks ago when we went with them for the first time (my love and I have been going without them on our kidless weekends) the kids did really well.  Eowyn stood up on a chair and sang with the adults, she really liked the singing part.  Which makes sense since she walks around singing ALL THE TIME, at the top of her lungs (thank you Aunt Brookie).  As I saw her standing there singing, I thought, "Yep, this is why I think it's good for my kids to go to this type of church."  So long guitar band, well financed children's ministry churches, we enjoyed you.  You had a time in our lives and I thank you for all you taught my children while we were there.  But we've moved on, to this little teeny country church of 50 where my daughter and sons sit in the service.  Apparently this author also thinks it's a good thing too:

http://veritasvenator.com/2013/09/25/to-you-who-bring-small-children-to-church/

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment rules: be respectful and honest. That's all