Monday, June 19, 2017

To the Fathers

To those who’ve lost their father and grieve today, I am with you.

To those who were never fathered, I am with you.

To those whose children lack a worthy father, I am with you.

To those trying step-father, I am with you.

To the fathers who’ve been rejected by their children, I am with you.

To the mothers who’ve been both mother and father, I am with you.

To the fathers who’ve buried their babies, I am with you.

To the fathers who do this parenting thing alone, I am with you.

To grandfathers who long to know their grandchildren and are denied that privilege, I am with you.

To the women preparing to walk down an aisle alone, I am with you.

To the adopted fathers who are on that beautiful hard path, I am with you.

To the children who were terribly abused by their fathers, I am with you.

To those fathers whose children have chosen a path filled with their own destruction, I have been there.

To the fathers battling addiction so they can be present to father, I am with you.

To the fathers consumed with thoughts of how they’ve screwed this fatherhood thing up, I am with you.

To the mothers who’ve never been fathered and don’t know how to let someone father their children, I am with you.

To the fathers-yet-to-be who long for children, I am with you.

To the exhausted, over-extended, struggling fathers, I am with you.

To the confused and broken fathers, I am with you.

To the fathers filled with joy, I am with you.


~ God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment rules: be respectful and honest. That's all